Es-Vent smoke vents are single and double-leaf smoke ventilators designed for use in industrial buildings. They’re certified to exceed all the requirements of BS EN 12101-2. The integral 24V actuator automatically opens the single –leaf vent to 140o and the double-leaf to 90o in less than 60 seconds, to clear stairwells, corridors and factory areas of smoke and heat build-up fast. They can also provide natural comfort ventilation and roof access. All Es-Vents can be specified with solid insulated covers or impact resistant, multiwall polycarbonate covers for additional daylight.
- 80 standard sizes available up to 3m x 3m, delivered preassembled
- Fully opens within 60 seconds for effective smoke and heat clearance
- Various multiwall polycarbonate glazing options with clear or opal diffused finish, or solid insulated aluminium covers
- Non-fragile and impact-resistant to EN1873 1200 joules
- Sound-reduction option with acoustic insulation to 44dB Rw
- Optional wind deflectors increase aerodynamic value
- Choice of insulated upstands available in various heights
- Em-Vent Smoke Control Panels and accessories provide fully compliant control
- Fall arrest grid to prevent falls from height when open
Shapes and sizes
Es-Vents are available in an unrivalled range of over 205 sizes in square or rectangular shapes. Many of these are available from stock.
Values shown below are calculated U-Values, unless denoted otherwise. Complete unit U-Values are available on request.
|Polycarbonate multiwall 16mm||1.77|
|Polycarbonate multiwall 20mm||1.60|
|Solid insulated cover 20mm||1.40|
|Solid insulated cover 40mm||0.73|
The Es-Vent comes complete with a fully insulated aluminium upstand with 40mm thick insulation. The standard upstand is 300mm high and is available up to 500mm to special order. Es-Vents are also available as curb adaptors to suit existing or new builder’s upstands where these are of suitable dimension. They are polyester powder coated internally to RAL 9010 white as standard.
The Es-Vent opening system is an electric actuator with a unique geometric movement and opens and closes the smoke vent by means of a 24 volt electric actuator, and opens the Es-Vent to 140˚ within 60 seconds.
Es-Vent smoke vents are CE certified to EN12101-2 and have been independently tested by an accredited third party. They are impact resistant to ACRM 2010 Class B.
When installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, Es-Vents are expected to exceed the life of the roof covering. Es-Vents are guaranteed against the effects of defective design, materials or construction for ten years, with an electric component guaranteed for 24 months, subject to certain conditions. ‘Special Project’ guarantees are available. For further details contact us.