Project InformationProject: MOD building
The MOD asked Whitesales to provide an economical solution for daylight and smoke ventilation for a new 3200m2 office and storage facility to meet their strict demands and high standards. The aim was to install a 5% ratio of smoke ventilation to floor area with a control system for each zone that met current legislation and best practice. Smoke detectors, break glasses and manual overrides were required for each control panel, and the units needed to capture daylight and diffuse natural light to reduce glare.
Whitesales worked with the project architect and principal contractor to design, assemble and install a solution that provided the optimum number and sizes of vents for the floor area using the Es-Vent smoke ventilation system.
- Es-Vent smoke ventilation system wired to Em-Vent control panels
- Designed to comply with Approved Document L 2013 Thermal Regulations and CE EN12101-2 Smoke Ventilation Certification
- Impact tested to EN1873 1200 joules and deemed non-fragile
- Upstand height of 300mm meets new European Regulations
- Insulated with 40mm thick insulation for thermal efficiency
- Overhang provides recess for effective waterproofing
- Guaranteed for 10 years
- Available in different shapes and over 80 sizes
- Range of 24v electric actuators opening 90°\r\nor 140°
- Choice of glazing options including triple layers and special finishes
The MOD significantly reduced their energy needs and maximised their budget by installing Es-Vent smoke ventilators, flooding the building with natural light and allowing them to switch off centre lights for most of the day.